Robotically INTEGRATED Bending SOLUTIONS (RIBS)
Robotic Integrated Bending Solutions (RIBS) will improve your press brake productivity with consistency, accuracy and reduction in set up time.
Maintaining the status quo is not an option for fabricators who struggle to secure quality labor to maintain production schedules and manage rising cost pressures associated with capital, material, labor and benefits.
What Are RIBS
A recent innovation in robotic integrated technology, RIBS offer significant cost and productivity benefits for medium- to high-volume fabricators. RIBS are fundamentally different to robotic machine tending cells. Instead of the robot loading, waiting and unloading, in a bending system the robot is part of the process. Like a human press brake operator, it picks up and inserts the sheet or blank between upper and lower beams, supporting it while the punch and die close to form the bend. Found in almost every fabrication shop, the press brake is one of the most common pieces of manufacturing equipment yet until recently it was considered a manual, and costly, operation.
Add a Robot to Your Team
Hire RIBS (Robotically Integrated Bending Solutions) to do the dirty, repetitive and dangerous work on your press brake system. You’ll get more consistent products, longer runs and lower costs.
Use Workers Wisely
Robotic systems can allow employees to stay focused on quality and throughput instead of maintenance and manual operations. Use workers for more important tasks.
Get Quick ROI
Increasing the utilization and minimizing the cost to operate your press brake will drive positive ROI that you can reinvest in retaining customers, and gaining new business. Retrofit or build a new solution. Add a robotic cell to your operation and watch your revenue grow.
- Fully integrated robotic forming cell
- Retrofit all brands of press brakes
- Retrofit NEW or EXISTING brakes in your shop
- Sizes to support parts from ounces to 100s of pounds
- Built to suit the customer floorplan (add sorting, welding, etc.)
- Improved part quality
- Incorporate additional processes (marking, deburr, polish, etc.)
- Inbound/outbound flow configured to suit customer needs
- Optional tool changer
- Unattended operation
- Predictable operation allows predictable lead-times
- Standard or customized EOATs (End of Arm Tools)
- Suction or magnetic, to suit application
- Fast & Easy handling of large, heavy and cumbersome parts
- No hand injuries from forming small parts, too close to the tooling