View a list of all archived laser cutting system oriented webinars. Subscribe to our email list to get updates on upcoming webinars!
Fundamentals of Laser Cutting
May 15, 2014
Whether you are new to laser cutting or have laser experience, this informative presentation will further your understanding on the following topics:
- Basic Laser Cutting Methods
- Typical Cutting Capacities
- Assist Gas Types
- Lens and Nozzle Selection
- Programming and Nesting
- Edge Condition
- Blank Errors
Low Operating Cost of Modern Laser Technology
June 13, 2013
This 45 minute webinar is the second in a series discussing the nature of laser costs and their impact on the cost of manufactured parts. In this installment, the positive cost impact of modern laser technology is discussed:
- Historical origins of low cost laser operation
- What went wrong along the way
- Getting back to low costs with modern technology
Maintaining Your Laser Increases Productivity
September 6, 2012
This 40 minute webinar provides a basic outline of what should be considered in a Planned Maintenance Service program. Topics include:
- Implementing a scheduled maintenance program
- Recommended maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Cost benefit analysis of a well-maintained laser
- Maintenance training
- Optimizing technical support
- Maintenance resources
- And more!
Software Solutions to Improve Productivity
June 21, 2012
CINCINNATI Incorporated demonstrates its software tools that can increase productivity for those who convert drawings (or solids), program machine tools and schedule their use. The webinar includes the following topics:
- Converting solid part files and assemblies
- Creating flat geometries for nesting
- Nesting and bend simulation
- Production scheduling
- And more!
Job Shop Marketing - Website Essentials
December 8, 2011
This 1 hour webinar was hosted by CINCINNATI with the guest presenter, Rob Edwards (VP - Design2Part Company) talking about job shop marketing with the focus on web site design. It addresses the following topics:
- What is so important about websites?
- What is required in a successful website?
- How much Wow-factor should you have & why?
- How much thought to give to Google & Bing?
- CURE for mission (impossible) statements
- How to avoid the easy but fatal mistakes
- How much should you be investing right now?
Laser Cutting Applications and Techniques
November 10, 2011
This webinar focuses on CO2 laser cutting applications and techniques and includes the following topics:
- Material selection
- Laser productivity features
- Software productivity features
- Putting it all together
- Q&A Session
Reducing Cost From Laser Cut Parts
September 22, 2011
This webinar will help you learn about reducing cost from laser cut parts. The following topics are covered:
- Accounting for Costs
- Traditional and "Lean" Accounting
- Analyzing Overhead and Minimizing it
- Analyzing the Value Stream and Eliminating Waste
- Right-Sizing and its affect on Overhead
- Reducing "Direct Costs"
- Bringing it all together
Fiber Laser - Lightning Fast For Cutting Thin Metals
May 12, 2011
This webinar focuses on the differences between CO2 and fiber lasers. The following questions are addressed:
- How does a fiber laser work compared to a CO2?
- What is a fiber laser best suited to cut?
- What is a CO2 laser best suited to cut?
- What are the operating costs of a fiber laser?
- What kind of system gets the most out of a fiber resonator?
- Why a fiber resonator and not another type of fiber delivered beam?
Is Laser Processing the Right Solution For You?
April 7, 2011
This webinar compares laser, plasma, oxyfuel, and waterjet processes from a capacities and cost perspective.